Did you know the State of Florida is currently under a state of emergency due to the Zika Virus?
Some helpful information from The Center of Disease Control to protect you from contracting the virus.
6. Most insect repellents can be used on children, with a few caveats. Always follow instructions when applying insect repellent to children.
7. Do not apply insect repellent to children under 2 years old.
8. Dress children in clothing that covers their arms and legs.
9. Use mosquito netting to cover cribs, strollers and baby carriers.
10. Protect your home from mosquitoes by using screens on windows and doors and getting rid of standing water.
11. Stay in places with air conditioning and with windows and door screens.
12. If you are sleeping outdoors, sleep under a mosquito net.
13. Use insect repellent and use protective clothing.
14. Upon return from a place where there were infected mosquitoes, continue to protect yourself for three weeks after travel so you do not spread the Zika virus.
15. If you feel sick when you return from a trip, immediately go to a doctor.
Note: The above information was obtained from the CDC. Please log into the site for additional information about the Zika virus.